Caramel Fudge Brownies
14 oz caramels, unwrapped
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 cup butter
2 cups Sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cups Flour
3/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13×9-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving about 1 inch hanging of the sides.
2. In small saucepan, heat caramels & milk on low, stir til smooth.
3. In medium saucepan, melt butter on low & remove from heat.
4. Add sugar, vanilla & eggs to melted butter- stir til blended.
5. Gently, fold in flour, cocoa and salt.
6. Stir 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips & 1 cup of pecans. Spread evenly in pan.
7. Gently & evenly drizzle melted caramel over brownie batter. With the back of a spoon, spread the caramel all over the brownie batter. Make sure there are no large pockets of caramel or the caramel reaches the bottom of the pan.
8. Bake for 38 minutes or until set.
9. As soon as brownies are done, melt remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and drizzle over warm brownies. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup pecans; press in lightly.
10. Cool 20 minutes at room temperature.
11. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is set, before cutting into bars.
Note: This recipe is from Betty Crocker Big Book of Cookies